1. Every mother''s child is handsome.
2. Every potter praises his pot.
3. Everything is good when new, but friends when old.
4.Every minute counts.
5. Example is better then percept.
6. Experience is the father of wisdom and memory the mother.
7. Experience must be bought.
8. Fact speak louder than words.
9. Failure is the mother of success.
10. False friends are worse than bitter enemies.
11. Far from eye, far from heart.
12. Far water does not put out near fire.
13. Faults are thick where love is thin.
14. Fear always springs from ignorance.
15. Fields have eyes, and woods have ears.
16. Fire and water have no mercy.
17. Fire is a good servant but a bad master.
18. First come, first served.
19. First impressions are half the battle.
20. First think and then speak.
21. Fools grow without watering.
22. Fool''s haste is no speed.
23. Fools has fortune.
24. Fools learn nothing from wise men, but wise men learn
much from fools.
25. Forbidden fruit is sweet.
26. Fortune favors those who use their judgement.
27. Fortune knocks once at least at every man''s gate.
28. Four eyes see more than two.
29. Friends agree best at distance.
30. Friends must part.
31. Genius is nothing but labor and diligence.
32. Give a dog a bad name and hang him.
33. God helps those who help themselves.
34. Gold will not buy anything.
34. Good for good is natural, good for evil is manly.
35. Good health is over wealth.
36. Good medicine for health tastes bitter to the mouth.
37. Good watch prevents misfortune.
38. Great barkers are no biters.
39. Great hopes make great man.
40. Great minds think alike.
41. Great men have great faults.
42. Great men''s sons seldom do well.
43. Great trees are good for nothing but shade.
44. Great wits have short memories.
45. Greedy folks have long arms.
46. Guilty consciences make men cowards.
47. Habit cures habit.
48. Handsome is he who does handsomely.
49. Happiness takes no account of time.
50. Happy is he who owes nothing.
56. Happy is the man who learns from the misfortunes of others.
57. Harm set, harm get.
58. Hasty love, soon cold.
59. Health is better than wealth.
60. Health is happiness.
61. Hear all parties.
62. Heaven never helps the man who will not act.
63. He is a fool that forgets himself.
64. He is a good friend that speaks well of us behind our backs.
65. He is a wise man who speaks little.
66. He is lifeless that is faultless.
67. He is not fit to command others that cannot command himself.
68. He is not laughed at that laughs at himself first.
69. He is wise that is honest.
70. He knows most who speaks least.
71. He laughs best who laughs last.
72. He sets the fox to keep the geese.
73. He that climbs high falls heavily.
74. He that will not work shall not eat.
75. He who does not advance loses ground.
76. He who makes constant complaint gets little compassion.
77. He who makes no mistakes makes nothing.
78. He who risks nothing gains nothing.
79. History repeats itself.
80. Honesty is the best policy.
81. Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.
82. I cannot be your friend and your flatterer too.
83. If a man deceives me once, shame on him, if he deceives me twice, shame on me.
84. If you make yourself an ass, don''t complain if people ride you.
85. If your ears glow, someone is talking of you.
86. If you run after two hares, you will catch neither.
87. If you sell the cow, you sell her milk too.
88. If you venture nothing, you will have nothing.
89. If you want knowledge, you must toil for it.
90. Industry is the parent of success.
91. It is better to die when life is a disgrace.
92. It is easier to get money than to keep it.
93. It is easy to be wise after the event.
94. It is easy to open a shop but hard to keep it always open.
95. It is hard to please all.
96. It is never too old to learn.
96. It is no use crying over spilt milk.
97. It is the first step that costs troublesome.
98. It is the unforeseen that always happens.
99. It is too late to grieve when the chance is past.
100. It never rains but it pours.
101. It takes three generations to make a gentleman.
102. Jack of all trades and master of none.
103. Judge not from appearances.
104. Justice has long arms.
105. Keep good men company and you shall be of the number.
106. Kill two birds with one stone.
107. Kings go mad, and the people suffer for it.
108. Kings have long arms.
109. Knowledge is power.
110. Knowledge makes humble, and ignorance makes proud.
111. Learn and live.
112. Learning makes a good man better and ill man worse.
113. Learn not and know not.
114. Learn to walk before you run.
115. Let bygones be bygones.
116. Let sleeping dogs lie.
117. Let the cat out of the bag.
118. Lies can never changes fact.
119. Lies have short legs.
120. Life is but a span.
121. Life is half spent before we know what it is.
123. Life is not all roses.
124. Life without a friend is death.
125. like a rat in a hole.
126. like author, like book.
127. like father, like son.
128. like for like.
129. like knows like.
130. like mother, like daughter.
131. like teacher, like pupil.
132. like tree, like fruit.
133. Little things amuse little minds.
134. Look before you leap.
135. Lookers-on see more than players.
136. Losers are always in the wrong.
137. Lost time is never found again.
138. Love at first sight.
139. Love cannot be compelled.
140. Love is blind.
141. Love is full of trouble.
142. Love is never without jealousy.
143. Love me, love my dog.
144. Make hay while the sun shines.
145. Make your enemy your friend.
146. Man is the soul of the universe.
147. Man proposes, God disposes.
148. Many hands make light work.
149. Many heads are better than one.
150. An apple a day keeps the doctor away.